Eligibility & Rules
We encourage teams who have an existing venture or have an idea that can create sustainable social impact to apply in the Tata Social Enterprise Challenge.
In order to be eligible to apply and participate, all teams must meet the following criteria:
- The team can be represented in the competition by a maximum of two members
- There is no restriction on the age or background of applicants
- If the submission is an idea, a proof of concept (E.g. prototype) is required.
- If the submission is a venture, the venture must not have been in existence for more than four years
- The entries received will be recognized by the “name” of the venture/idea
- The applicants may or may not be Indian Nationals; however, the social venture should be aimed at creating a social impact in India.
- Enterprises that were selected as Semi-finalists in the previous year’s Tata Social Enterprise challenge will not be eligible for selection
- Business plans for the competition will be invited for all sectors including the following focus areas
- International entries will not be qualified to pitch for seed funding and incubation support
- Agriculture, Food and Dairy
- Healthcare, Water and Sanitation
- Technology and Development
- Education & Skill Development
- Handloom & Handicrafts
- Microfinance/Financial Inclusion